Deedle v1.0 Release!May 21, 2014 at 5:59 pm | Posted in csharp, fsharp, opensource, rstats | 4 Comments
Over the last six months, we have been quietly working away to complete the first official “1.0″ release of Deedle, which we are delighted to announce today. There are a lot of changes and new features in the 1.0 release, including:
- Performance optimizations: e.g. when working with df.Columns, faster windowing & chunking, merging of series & frames, faster numerical per-frame operations & a few more.
- New functionality: Stats module (see intro page)
- Lots of assorted bug fixes
- The API is not 100% backwards compatible, but is a lot more uniform and should be clearer.
Not to be out-done, the RProvider also gets an update today:
- Now uses out of process execution for package/function discovery, so it is less likely to kill your Visual Studio when R misbehaves.
- Now comes with RData support: http://bluemountaincapital.github.io/FSharpRProvider/reading-rdata.html.
We are continuing to improve the RProvider, in particular developing support for interacting with remote and out-of-process R sessions. We’ve also tagged a number of enhancements that are suitable for other enthusiastic souls to pick up and contibute. See up-for-grabs.